Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Not as cool as you...

Jesse is disgusted in the fact I haven't seen half the films he's dubbed "classics" so I'm working on getting cultured. I remember bits and parts from films but can't remember the film it was from. I like movies, I'm just not a movie whore. In fact, I feel pretty lame in comparison to a lot of people I know because while I like a lot of movies, I haven't seen as many as them nor do I remember memorable quotes or characters or actors names. I like a lot of bands but I don't know of as many bands or songs or lyrics or who was in what band and plays what like other people I know. I've read some books but I don't read all the time nor do I have favorite authors, genres, stories, etc. The point I'm trying to make is I am not a hipster. I don't know anything when it comes to movies, music, books or things that would make someone be considered to be "cultured". I accept my mediocrity and continue to live my life unfulfilled, not knowing the meanings of your inside jokes, being left in the corner when you quote movie lines back and forth, or sit and listen to music and lyrics of songs you all know and sing along to in the car. It makes me really sad that I didn't grow up as cultured as other people. I just feel like everyone I know has a passion in life for something but I have a passion for nothing really. Maybe I have a passion but haven't discovered it yet? None the less, as shallow as it sounds, I'm sad not to be one of the "cool" kids. I never was one, I never will be. I'm just here.

No comments: