Wednesday, December 3, 2008

If you don’t want it, don’t bid!!

So we were short a few bucks for rent, which wasn't a huge deal cos I had some items for sale on eBay that were ending on the 30th and rent is due on the 1st. All the items I had up sold. I do paypal payments only and say that if you don't pay within 72 hours, you get bad feedback and I relist the item. I sent our rent payment via billpay cos it takes a few days to process, this way, the property management company gets the money but we don't need to pay for postage and like a check it takes a day or two to clear, in which time, my eBay payments come in, go to my account and all is good and well in the world.

Well, I put my old maternity clothes for sale and they sold for $30. I sent the people 3 invoices and told them that if they don't get their payment in today that I will relist the item and leave bad feed back. This is the THIRD invoice they got. They reply with an email saying, "Hi,we do not want this credit back,thank you".

OK, first, there will be NO credit as no payments were recieved! Second, thanks to them, our rent did go through, as did Netflix, but now I have two overdraft charges of $35 PLUS the fees eBay charges for selling items on top of the listing fees. We're looking at close to $80 I've lost because of them not buying the item, and that is in fees, it's more like $110 if you include the $30 I would have got for the payment on the item.

Needless to speak, I am pissed. VERY pissed. YOU DON'T BID ON SOMETHING IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BUY IT!!! These people have perfect feedback of 100% good buyer status so I was pretty confident they would pay. I did not expect that stupid email. Even eBay's terms say that if you don't want something, don't bid on it! And it's not like they didn't think about this because they bid at like 3 hours from auction's end. In that time, they could have retracted their bid. And even 3 days after they won they could have emailed me saying they didn't want it so I could relist the item in time to cover that money.

Anyway I'm really pissed. Losing $110 is a lot of money when you're not working. Shit, it's a lot when you ARE working. That money was Jesse's Christmas gun! Granted, I still have the money for the gun, the bills, and other stuff, but it just pisses me off so much that people don't realize what a financial burdon they are putting on others in their irresponsible bidding. I wish there were a way I could get that money from them but eBay doesn't do that stuff.

So this person has emailed me a bunch of emails saying they're sorry for the inconvenience. I explained to them the financial inconvenience of what they've done to me and my family. Maybe they'll feel guilty and pay me back or something. I'm just annoyed.

No comments: