Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Mommy's Bladder Is Not A Toy & Other Pregnancy Pains

Out of nowhere, the Teague-tot has become very active. The last week has turned into an on and off kick and punchfest every hour or so. He went from being this calm little dude in my belly to this active little beast messing with me when I need to relax. When I'm at work or out and about or any other inconvenient time, he finds it fun to play with my bladder. And so the boxing of the bladder begins, making me have to pee. I go, and resume what I'm doing. Then 10 or 15 minutes later he'll go back to playing with the bladder again. Usually I wind up going pee 3 times in a 30 - 45 minute time frame.

But the tot, he is very strong now because he is bigger. Noticeably-feely bigger. I went from looking a little pregnant to looking VERY pregnant over night. This adds to the incompetent gimp status of me. It's difficult to get in and out of the bath. I have a hard time shaving my legs. I can barely put socks and shoes on. I can go on and on and on about normal things I was once able to do that are now big ordeals. Last night I had to have Jesse help me take off my socks so I could take a bath. Anyway, one of the hardest things for me in the whole growth stage is that he is taking up more room inside of me, thus taking away from room for other things previously inside me, i.e. stomach and lungs. Because he is getting bigger and requiring more energy from me and stealing more of my calories, I need more food. But I can barely eat as much as before because now my stomach is cramped up all high and tiny like. At times I feel as if I need to eat but then I feel faint. It's a bitch! Last night after dinner, I felt sooo pained from the food in my tummy. There was so much pressure. I felt like I was going to barf it all out as if there wasn't enough room for it inside of me. And I needed Tums for heartburn and Tylenol for growing pains and it was a world of pain for me to take those because of all the lack of room I had for them and the water to go into!

On growing pains, again we have reached a slump of discomfort. At night, I am back to the tossing and turning trying to find a comfy place and failing miserably. No matter how or where I lay, it just doesn't cut it. Here I am at work feeling as if I will pass out from lack of rest. People are telling me I don't look so good. No, I don't. I'm ending a never ending battle with yeast and bladder infections, have a growing baby who puts me in pain his father will never comprehend, and on top of it all, I can't get any damn rest! I would kill for a cat nap right now as I am finally in a state of comfort, but lo and behold I'm at work and I have meetings in 2 hours and projects up the ass. So a nap is out of the picture. Damn!

I went from glowing to looking pale as a ghost over night. Pregnancy is a trip. There's the crazy crap you deal with of the on and off pain and weird eating habits and lack of and then there's the cool stuff like feeling your kid moving around inside of you and finally knowing and realizing, yes, there is indeed a little person there. It seems like the last 3 months were just surreal. They were just concepts that there was a person inside. Then when I heard the heartbeat it became more real. Then when I saw the ultrasound, it became even more real to see that the little person was a little boy who blinked and moved. And now, I feel him moving around and I finally see my stomach growing and know there is in fact, someone in there and in 4.5 months, he will be out. I guess I should enjoy him in there while he's there because after that, I won't have any more of the silly inside kicking and moving unless we have another kid down the road. Either way, I get scared shitless sometimes but I know in my heart and in my head I would never give any of this up for the world. It's truly an experience where the outcome will be far more rewarding and difficult, but I will enjoy it so much in the long run.

No comments: