Friday, January 2, 2009

Another great idea by me!!!

The last few days I've been having a rather gnarly sweet tooth; possibly some form of coming down from a holiday sugar rush? Anyway, I flip through my bible (The Better Homes & Gardens Cook Book) and see a recipe for pumpkin bread. Now, by chance, I happen to have a can of pumpkin puree leftover from Thanksgiving. I also have some walnuts, although the recipe does not call for walnuts. I need eggs and of course the store closed early because of New Years but the 7-11 is open and I walk down there to get some eggs. Upon my return, I make my pumpkin bread. I change their recipe a little by adding walnuts to the bread mixture and then add a brown sugar/butter/walnut topping. An hour later we have pumpkin bread and it was all kinds of delicious. We each had a slice with a glass of milk and then went to bed. Yes, it was a great idea. It totally reminded me of the bread my dad used to get from these nuns on his route for Christmas but mine was better. The end.

No comments: