Monday, January 19, 2009

Is it cold in here or is it just pee?

For the last week and a half we've been working with Charlie in hopes of potty training early. When he poops, he grunts and then cries after it's out but I can always tell when he poops. So when I know he is going to poop, I ask him if he wants to go "Poop poop on the toilet?" and then I take him and take his diaper off and put him on the toilet and wait for him to go. While waiting for him to poop, my leg started to feel surprisingly cold. I look down to see if the heater is causing any condensation on the toilet and notice that my left thigh is wet. I look at Charlie who is pretty happy and well, he peed on me. I asked Jesse to bring me a wipe so I could clean it and just as I was cleaning the pee off on me, he pooped in the toilet. This is the 4th time he's pooped in the toilet. In the last week and a half. Awesome! I'm not sure how long the process takes to potty train but if I can keep this up, we might get poop training taught and maybe in a few weeks he might know to ask me to poop if he can learn to say Poop. We'll see.

No comments: