Thursday, January 22, 2009

Skinemax just gets dumber and dumber

I don't even know how to comprehend the level of stupidity involved with Skinemax. As I've blogged in the past, they keep airing shows earlier and earlier, more frequently, and with more series. The latest in this new level of idiocracy is a movie titled Bewitched Housewives. I suppose they're trying to play on the Desperate Housewives title. But obviously they chose the wrong series to dub this title. You see, there's another Skinemax movie called Witches of Breastwick, which is basically like the tv show Charmed if you have the chicks sleeping together, etc. But Bewitched Housewives apparently takes place in colonial America during the witch hunts. One girl is falsely accused of being a witch and a real witch magically appears in her cell and tells her that even though she's not a real witch she has the spirit of a witch and if she surrenders her body she can join the sisterhood of the witches on all their magical adventures (read: let me bang you and then you can come join my all girl orgy.) On one hand you have the really crappy lack of acting abilities of the Skinemax girls but then I'm totally baffled cos on the other hand, there's an attempt at acting as well as a plot from a character who I'm guessing will not be getting any action and is presumably gay. Jesse and I watched all of about 5 minutes of this show to try and figure out what level of stupidity this show gets. I say on a level of 1 to 10, with 10 being the most absurd, this show gets a 7. It's pretty dumb. Alas, I think this show should have been called Witches of Breastwick and it would make more sense for WIB to be Bewitched Housewives, but obviously no one thought that far ahead, let alone thought at all.

No comments: