Saturday, January 17, 2009

Time for some serious assessment...

Houston, we have a problem. I just paid off two collections today. I know that if you're filing bankruptcy you're not supposed to do certain things but I'm starting to re-evaluate stuff. I have debts, but in all honesty, looking over them, my student loans are now in good standing. Yay. I paid off two collections. One was for a bogus $25 copay for urgent care that I know I paid for but I don't have the receipt (lesson learned, keep all medical receipts.) The other was for my anesthesiologist for my c-section for $200 something. I have a lot of other things to pay off, but after looking at my credit report, half of it makes no sense. I have reason to believe one collection may be bogus as there is no contact info on there (no phone number nor a number of the collection agency.) Other than that, I'm starting to think that if I stay at home, I could possibly pay off my debts. But this then leaves the issue of Jeepie. I did a voluntary repo on him and they sold him and only got half of what the loan was and want $11,000 from me still. Well this was like almost 2 years ago and I'm wondering now with the whole auto bail out if my debts to Chrysler is now wiped out? I don't know. I'm seriously wondering about that. Basically they're the reason for me wanting to file bankruptcy. I refuse to pay $11,000 for a car I don't have. Period. They got their item back, why should I still pay them that much? It makes no sense. So long story short, I'm looking over all the people I owe money to and trying to figure out who to pay and how and what not. I would love to be able to fix my credit and not worry about bad credit in a few years when we try to get a house or for a bankruptcy to clear and I'd love to just have poor but qualifying credit if nothing else. I just really hate having no money sometimes, but I hate even more having had money and spent money and now having to pay the price of living in the now from years ago. It's like if I knew then what I know now, I never would have done half the things I did...

No comments: