Friday, February 27, 2009

Good and bad

We ordered a new computer with part of our tax refund and it's scheduled to come in today, which means I must be home to receive it no matter what. We also got a huge external hard drive, which is scheduled to come in Monday. The down side is that I wanted to have all this up and running this weekend but it's not gonna happen thanks to the delay in the external drive showing up. I figure it'll take me a good deal of time to back up this computer. However after a little bit of thinking, I think I'll just set up the new computer today and see if I can network the two and just do some swapping or file access as needed that way. We'll see. I haven't put too much thought into this quite yet. Worst case scenario I'll just set up the old one on Monday and deal with the transfers then.

1 comment:

The Joo said...

I had the same problem, but man does the external hard drive make life, and transferring to new computers, so much easier!