Saturday, February 7, 2009

Jesse must think I have an ugly face...

If pictures are worth 1,000 words, then he must be trying to tell me something... There's more of the likes I just don't feel like going through the back up file cd's to point this out.

On that note, I feel like I must be some hideous person sometimes. I've notice my own husband cuts my face off in almost every photo he takes of me. My friend who is a photographer has photographed so many of our friends and I think I was used once in high school and never again. I just feel pretty ugly sometimes.

Do you remember that episode of the Simpsons where Moe wins the Duff contest and gets his face on the calendar but they put a sticker over him because he's too ugly for print? Well I guess I feel like that. But instead of a sticker on my face, it's just cut off or ignored completely. I'm not gonna go out and get a face job because of this. I don't have the money or patience for cosmetic surgery. But damn it is just annoying sometimes. How is one supposed to feel confident in their skin when it seems like the world is a little disgusted by your presence. Thank God my kid is cute at least.

2 comments:

The Joo said...

Oh I don't think you're ugly at all- I think you've been gorgeous in some of the siggy pics I've seen.
I know how feel though. Some weeks it's all I can do to keep from crying when I look in the mirror. There's a pretty girl in there somewhere, I swear it...

DasBoogs said...

I noticed I'm like Dr. Jeckly and Mr. Hyde when I am at home vs. going out. Make up and hair take my appearance up about 30%. On that note, I don't wear make up when I'm at home. But I got my free Everyday Mineral samples in today and played with them and LOVE them and they made me feel better.