Tuesday, February 17, 2009

No, we're not having garlic bread!

If you know me, you know that after I had my salmonella years ago, my body got thrown all out of whack from the medications and now I'm super prone to yeast infections. I get one about once every 3 months. I had one each trimester I was pregnant. And now, I had one that didn't go away with anything. I did the Monistat. In the past I've had doctors tell me to take it again, which seems bad to me. So now I'm trying the natural route. I figure nature is pretty serious stuff. Science has yet to beat nature at anything, so maybe this will work. I saw online that you can use garlic as a treatment and garlic is also pretty heavy duty stuff. So I made this garlic tampon with a clove of garlic and a tampon string and you can probably figure out what happens next. So now I'm waiting to see what happens. If Mr. Garlic and Mother Nature will be my friends in fighting off the yeast or what. I have a feeling they'll help and what's the worst that could happen to me? I get another yeast infection? My body has built up a tolerance to medicine so I'm desperate at this point to try anything. I have no sense of smell but I'm guessing my vagina smells like garlic bread, what with the yeasty smell plus the garlic smell. I just hope no one asks me if we're having pasta for dinner tonight hehe.

2 comments:

The Joo said...

Have you tried yogurt? Eat a thing of yogurt a day, its helped me and I know a few other women who swear by it. Some even try a, um, more topical application, but I don't know about that.

Cyndie said...

My mother and grandmother always used the garlic method because way back when there was no Monistat.