Monday, March 9, 2009

Victory! Garden.

One of my life dreams is to flash back to days of yonder and have my own victory garden. Of course since I live in an apartment, I can't do it. So I've done the next best thing and invested in some little cheap windowsil (sp?) planters and seeds. I got this little strawberry kit in the dollar bin at Target a few weeks back and it has been growing like crazy. Then about a week or two ago I got a "salsa garden" kit from CVS for $7. I was disappointed when it was in our bedroom window because it seemed like it was not getting enough sun even though it was a totally sunny location. Today I put it on the counter in the kitchen and I go to clean up and notice a bunch of little green sprouts! At first I thought some trash fell in there and then upon closer investigation I saw it was in fact plants starting to grow! Anyway, if I play my gardening cards right, I may have some strawberries, tomatoes, bell peppers, cilantro and cayanne pepper by summer. Hopefully. I'm pretty thrilled I've accomplished this much indoors considering all attempts at growing plant life indoors here in the past has failed miserably with exception to my aloe vera plant that will not die despite the fact I haven't watered it in well over a year. Maybe I should give him some water and think that there's a chance I'll get a sunburn this summer?





The "salsa garden". Tomatoes, bell peppers, cilantro, cayanne pepper.




The strawberries

No comments: