Saturday, March 21, 2009

YOU DOWN WITH RPD? YEAH, YOU KNOW ME!!!


I come home from doing laundry today and find this cretin hanging out in our trash. He is having a serious conversation with himself about I'm not too sure what. Anyway, not too soon later, he realizes me staring at him in a what-the-hell-are-you-doing manner. He shakes a can of Steel Reserve and asks me if I have some change as he's 50 cents short of a beer. I tell him no and get Charlie and my laundry out and keep a cautious eye on him. I'm not too worried about going in at this point because there's an ample supply of cautious onlookers who also are curious about his whereabouts. Besides, he is too drunk to stumble away from the security grasp of his trash cans and sways to hold on. After I get up inside and lock the door, I call RPD and tell them to send someone out. Oh, the other thing, I almost hit one of the unsupervised Mexican kids in the alley. Fortunately I was going like 2 mph and stopped and honked the horn at him. The kid was like 3 or 4 and stares like a deer caught in the headlights and stops but his other friend on the other side of the street yells at me to hurry up and get out of the way in Spanish and I was like, "Oh no you didn't kid!" Anyway, back to the vagrant. So after I call RPD, not too long after two squad cars and the drunkard wagon show up. Not one, not two, but three cops are needed to get this guy even though he's super drunk, of course with that type of public intoxication, you never know if he's gonna freak out and go all crazy. In the end, I go out to watch how it pans out after he's in the paddywagon. The one cop comes up to me and asks if I called and I say yes and he just quickly asks what happened and I told them he was drinking and asking for money from me. They said he was going in for public intoxication and apparently he's a local character they've dealt with in the past, (maybe why with my accurate description they sent out 3 cops?) and he was getting arrested. Our neighbor Mark came out to ask what was happening and I told him and he said the guy shows up at our other neighbor's store buying beer and drinking it in the parking lot and she tells him to scram all the time. Oh well. In the end, I had a vagrant arrested today. Now the streets are a little safer thanks to me.

1 comment:

The Joo said...

Oh my! That's quite the story. I'm so excited for you to get the heck out of there.