Thursday, April 2, 2009

Because it doesn't always have to be about something

I've decided to dabble in portraits again after many a long period of nothing much. I used to do a lot of acrylic/oil stuff, but taking time into consideration and the fact it's probably not the best of ideas to expose my son to the harsh chemicals I can't smell and have no idea of how bad they can be in the 580 square feet of what we call "home", I have dabbled in water colors again. The last time I used water colors seriously was in high school. Seriously. I think that was the point I finally figured out what I was doing with them. But I am happy to say that in my water coloring, I do feel very in my element. After all, I am a water bearer by birth. Anyway, I am going to start stealing random photos of my friends and painting them at random and maybe, just maybe, you will get a portrait surprise. Reason being: I want to build a portrait portfolio so I can try to make some money on the sly from vain people who want something to put in their homes while doing something I enjoy.

No comments: