Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Fantastic amazingness!

1. I chuckle at kids shows occasionally with ultimate sincerity. This morning, I was washing dishes and I had Charlie in his little exersaucer. He was watching Wonder Pets and giggling up a storm. I had no idea what was so funny and I turned around to see him thoroughly enjoying the show. Very cute. But what made me laugh was the situation. Ok, for those of you who have never seen the show, it's a guinea pig, a duckling, and a turtle that look like photos animated in a stop-motion cutout sense, but they always save animals in trouble. Today they were saving, and here's where I laugh, a unicorn. His problem? His horn was stuck in a tree. Bwahahahaha. The absurd adult part of me who tries to find logic in things wonders what the hell this unicorn was doing that it got it's horn stuck in a tree. I think they might have explained it but I wasn't paying that close of attention.

2. I finally checked out the fabric store on Plumb and Kietzke. I have seen it for a good two years and wondered what it's all about. I can say if you are ever making drapes and want to spend from little to not a lot on fabric, their selection is epic. I saw about three dozen fabrics I would die to grace my windows with, unfortunately, none of the ones in there were what I was looking for. You see, at this point in time, I have what I believe to be a very specific idea of what I want our living room to look like and in the end, there were really only 2 fabrics that would work for what I want and even still, I wasn't 100% head over heels with them and I'd rather just go with this one I found online as that is the most relevant to my design concept and color scheme.

3. I was just about to go on the computer and check the crime statistic map of our neighborhood when I hear a loud pop! outside. It was very close and not too loud and what we could best explain as a "small caliber" if it were a gun. Now, for the good news, even if it were a gun, according to the crime statistics, there have only been 6 crimes in our neighborhood in the last year and the good thing is there aren't any near where we're moving. They're more to the north of where we'll be living. Woo. Funny cos I remember a few months back I checked the statistics for the last year and there were way more crimes. So my theory about our neighborhood getting better is more than just a theory and a truth. Huzzah!

There was another thing I wanted to mention but can't quite think of off the top of my head right now. Oh well.

No comments: