Thursday, April 23, 2009

Guns aren't that loud

Every range you shoot at requires you to wear hearing protection when you shoot to prevent damage to your ears because of how loud guns are. It doesn't get rid of the sound of the gun fire but it makes it less loud.

Charlie has been doing this shrill screaming thing lately and I don't know why. I think it's just him being a butt. But at 6 am this morning when he's doing it non-stop because it's his way of telling us to get up, I say, alright, you wanna be up at 6:30, fine. I take him and let him putz around and put on my ear plugs I wear when I go shooting. No good little so-and-so. Well, I don't know why you have to wear hearing protection when you shoot and not when you parent because Charlie is still loud even with the ear plugs on. I'm sure he'll do more damage to my ears than shooting without ear plugs will because I only go out shooting maybe once every so many months now and even then it's only for an hour or so. I'm around Charlie all day, 24 hours. I'd say he screams a good 1/3 of the day if you add it all up. I have headaches. I don't get sleep. I constantly look pissed off according to Jesse. Yeah, I need a break. Or at least some stronger ear protection...

No comments: