Friday, April 3, 2009

I want a new church

Maybe it's the fact it's the Easter season, I don't know. I'm not looking to change religions. I'm still very Catholic and happy here. But I just haven't found a church out here that I like. I seriously miss my old church back home. There's a Catholic church down the street from me but it's very televangelistesque [teh-lu-van-juh-lis-tic-ehsk] (wow! The most absurd looking and probably hard to say word ever made up!) and I'm more a fan of traditional. For starters, I greatly, and I seriously have an issue with thiis, dislike the design of the church. It's set up like an ampetheater and seems like it would be better suited for hosting plays by Shakespeare than Sunday mass. The only other Catholic churches I ever went to aside from my old parish that I liked was this one in Hollywood and San Felipe de Neri in Old Town Albuquerque. Anyway, I've been trying to find a church out here that I like. I'm thinking of trying St. Thomas. We'll see.

No comments: