Thursday, April 9, 2009

I'm on a mission!

Our apartment is pretty lame. There's no sense of style to it. It basically looks like the type of living space thrown together at random by some po' folk. Well now that we'll be moving into a house in May, I'd really like it to look less hodgepodge and more stylish. That being said, I'm not going to go out and buy a bunch of stuff to create a chic living space, but rather make a mission of trying to create a designer on a budget look. I'd really like to do as much DIY stuff as possible. I will be hunting for interesting stuff at yard sales, free stuff on Craigslist, and utilizing spray paint like it's going out of style. I believe that you can have awesome for the cost of nothing but in our tiny apartment, we never really made that effort. We do need to invest in some furniture goods like an entertainment stand, a bookshelf, and kitchen table. Plus we need curtains. I'd like to use amazing colors that pop at you and my favorite color combos that occur in nature. Think gourds. Lots of earth tone greens, coppery oranges, and yellow ochers. Anyway, I do hope everything looks good in the end, but ultimately, I doubt it will because nothing I ever do turns out the way I envision it in my head. Greatness occurs there and turns out like crap in reality so oh well. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

No comments: