Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Kind of a slap in the face...

About 6 months ago, Jesse applied to work at a gun manufacturer back east and they did a phone interview with him and in the end said that he wasn't experienced enough for the position. They thanked him and that was that. Well, over the course of 6 months, Jesse occasionally would check their site and the same job listing was still up. He joked that they're never going to find someone to fill that site unless they could get some specific guy in, which wouldn't happen. Today I come home and see a voicemail from who, this company! They have Jesse's resume and would like to talk to him. Really? You'd like to talk to him now? After 6 months of not finding Mr. Right you want to talk to him? After we signed a lease for a home in Reno and have all our things situated for another 6 - 12 months in Reno you want to talk to him? 6 months ago he wasn't good enough for you and now that you can't find someone you seek someone who is desperate to get into your company who was the ideal candidate 6 months ago and you told him he lacked experience and all of a sudden 6 months of not having someone do the job makes him qualified? I seriously thing if the price was right and they relocate us, we'd say sure, but at this point, if they tell him they'd hire him for $12 an hour, I'd tell them where to stick it. Seriously, I just feel insulted for Jesse. He probably feels different, but I don't. I'm mad because I spent the last few months squaring things away here to keep us in town because none of the companies he contacted called back or told him he wasn't qualified flat out. I feel like they not only were asses to Jesse, but made an ass out of me too and I'm just mad and I don't know that I'd necessarily want Jesse to work for them. Unless they want to pay him $20 an hour then I'd probably feel a little different...

No comments: