Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I hate being lied to more than I hate being ignored

This is a follow up to a blog of a few days ago. We have an insect infestation in our home. We didn't notice this when we moved in because it was winter and they were all dormant and then when we got back from LA, it got hot and everyone started to come out. Last Friday, we had something like 20 queen ants come into our house. I was so freaked out I didn't sleep. I stayed up all night and spent Saturday like a zombie. Saturday night wasn't any different. Sunday, Jesse and I cleaned the house up and down and tried vinegar to get rid of the bugs but that didn't work. Instead it seemed to provoke them. By that point, we called the landlords twice or three times. We were supposed to get a call back from them on Friday and they never called. Monday we did a bug bomb and then sprayed around the outside of the house. That evening, we had more bugs coming inside the house to get away from the poison, not to mention get a chance to see all the black widow spiders we killed with the bug bombs and spray. Yeah, we had a ridiculous amount of black widows living under our house and around the outside. In addition, Friday we had someone say they were going to shut our water off. We called on that and the bugs and so many things and were told that it would all be taken care of. Today, our water gets turned off. I called the property manager and he acts surprised like, "Oh we paid the bill, why did they do that?" Hmm, well probably because I called the water company and they said that there was no person of service connected to this house. Finally, upset at the fact it's in the 80's today and I have a 1 year old son who has a fever and I'm not feeling too good myself, I get so mad I just call and get the water set up in my name because I NEED water and the property managers never called back in 20 minutes like they said they would. Again, I was lied to and ignored. They told us yesterday they would have an exterminator come out and no one has come out so far to look at the place and I wonder if this will be in the evening or what. Anyway, these people have broken their contract with us. Oddly enough, they don't even own the property anymore so really, our contract with them means nothing. So now what? I have no idea. I don't know if we stay here till the place gets sold to another investor or a home owner or till the sheriff comes and tells us we're being evicted because the home owner has the house foreclosed and no one tells us, I don't know. I just feel like I'm at my wits end right now but at the same time I'm pretty calm and collected as if I just don't even care I'm that mad. Anyway, I think the next step is filing a complaint with Better Business Bureau and Washoe County Health Department.

**** Later in the day ****

I get a call informing us that the water has been switched over to their names. Good. Also there is no exterminator yet but that one will come. Last, the window will be fixed by the end of the week. They claim all will be fixed by the end of the week. I'm not holding my breath on this.

No comments: