Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Oh, but there was some good today...

We had to get the water turned on in our names to avoid being without water. In doing so, there's a $25 set up fee and a deposit of $100 something dollars unless you have good credit or can get a previous utility company to write a letter of recommendation. So I just call up NV Energy to get them to forward a letter of recommendation. But I have a question for that as well because we got two bills, our old bill for the apartment and then the bill for the house. The bill for the house wanted a $160 deposit on it as well. I called and asked them if I had to pay for the deposit again because I thought it would just roll over. Apparently, the deposit amount I had before was rolled over to pay my old bill and I'd get a $53 credit from them. I'd then have to pay the $160 new deposit, but the lady looked and said because we were with good standing with them, that we don't owe the $160 deposit, just the amount for the new bill, which comes out to $32 plus a $53 credit, so we'd either have the $53 credited to the new bill/address or we pay the $32 and get a refund check for $53. So that's good. There's a chance we may not have any electric bill this month, which is totally cool. Woo hoo, right? Everything can't be completely bad...

No comments: