Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Back to the way it was...

My parents came up this weekend long enough to give us a hint of relaxation but long enough to tease us into remembering what life used to be like without a Charlie boy. Don't get me wrong, I love my kid, but I also love sleeping all night long, sleeping in, going places without it being an ordeal (getting a child dressed, getting a child carseated, in a stroller, stopping to eat and change diapers, trying to quite down fussing, etc.) It was nice to go out fishing with my dad and give me flashbacks of when I was a kid fishing down at Sespe Creek in Ojai, CA. or anywhere we'd go out fishing for that matter. We did it every weekend practically when I was younger. Of course after a weekend of rainstorms and bbq, I have still a few rain showers on and off but I gotta cut back on the bbq. Charlie has all his birthday toys up. I have a sunburn. I tried to cover it with make up and looked like a kabuki man. Anyway, the boy calls, so back to the way it was...

No comments: