Sunday, June 7, 2009

Is it too late?

We were doomed from the getgo with Charlie sleeping because of our old living situations. He had a hard time going to bed because he slept in our living room. Then, when he'd wake up at night we'd run to him so he'd be quite so our neighbors wouldn't complain about him crying at night. Now he's at a stage where he's pushing our buttons. He only goes to sleep if you rock him. He wakes up at like 2:00 am and will only go to bed if you rock him, but now will only go to bed if he can sleep in our bed, and last night, wanted to play for half an hour in our bed till I got fed up and put my foot down and said, "We have a house now, you're going in your bed, you're sleeping and that's that. If you cry, you cry, but you're going to sleep." So I tried the crying it out method. I swore Charlie would be the child who cries till the sun came up, but in actuality, he only cried for about an hour from the time I put him in there at 2:30 am to 3:30 am. Then he slept. He slept till 8:50 am. A new record. He usually wakes up at the asscrack of dawn. I swear by this and will be doing it again tonight. I can zone out his crying. I can even zone out Jesse and Lulu snoring and Jesse's Goddamn radio, but I can't zone out a child in my bed pushing me over the edge grabbing my hair and playing with the miniblinds at 2:00 am.

No comments: