Monday, June 8, 2009

Let there be paint!

After several text messages to friends about my ghetto paint job and being called ghetto for it, it was time to finally apply paint. The color was Krylon's Indoor/Outdoor Sweet Cream Glossy. It's a buttery yellow and more vibrant yet softer than the muted beige I have on now. I think it's a great natural color transition and looks very similar to one of the original Oldsmobile swatches.


I did a thin coat and when I say thin, I mean thin. The stuff goes on very transparent and I don't know if it's because it's such a light color or if it has something to do with the fact it's glossy, I don't know. But after that, I did another coat, slightly heavier. It took me about two or three runs to get it nice and even, but there's some little drippy spots and a few small bubbly spots. I plan on going over those again with a fine grain sand paper, like 600 or something and doing another coat. My plan of action is to do somewhere between 3 and 5 coats of paint before thinking about clear coat.







No comments: