Sunday, June 28, 2009

Pleasant surprise

Much to my delight, today I have been able to have the luxury of getting 4 new gun tests started. Today we did 3 more pistol calibers: .32 (which was from a Beretta Model 70 Jesse tested for someone he did work on. I got to be a test subject to use it because apparently the gun belongs to an older lady. It works nice and I like it!) .380 from my Bersa Thunder. Jesse shot a round and I shot a round. He did the hole on the bottom and I did the center hole that made it like a tunnel. Then I used Jesse's .40 Glock 23, which surprisingly, I actually like. I have this thing about Glocks that for some reason I just can't get myself to like them, but that one, I actually don't mind. It's a little wide of a grip for me because it's high capacity, but it shoots nicely. I need to make a tangent and tell Jesse that because he'll be pleasantly surprised. He smiled. Last, I shot a rifle round! Jesse told me that it'll blow the shit out of it, but I remember shooting pumpkins 2 years ago and they didn't get destroyed. I figured if I got a fat enough block of clay and put it out far enough, it would work. Sure enough, it did. I had a 8"x8" piece of clay set out at about 85-90 yards roughly and barely scraped the bottom right corner of it. Much to my delight, it worked out fine and is a heavy chunk of clay but looks pretty rad. Anyway, here's a sneak peak at what's to come. I'm not sure when I'll get around to painting them, hopefully soon. Next weekend will be a fun weekend of painting palates.



No comments: