Thursday, June 4, 2009

Thank You For The Heart Attack Lulu...

I was hanging laundry to dry this morning and Lulu was outside with me as was Charlie. Charlie was puttering around in the grass with his lawn mower. I looked up to see Lulu sunning and didn't see her. I then thought maybe she was by Charlie and still I didn't see her. I called her and thought maybe she went inside to get away from us. I searched the house inside out and finally thought she probably escaped the fence and is in the front yard and doesn't want to come out. I went out front and called her and didn't find her. Now I panic. I'm running around looking for her when I see her across the street a few houses over in someone's yard. I run after her with Charlie in hands not even checking for cars because I'm so frantic she'll run away. Jesse never makes her wear a collar inside because he feels she's restricted. So new rule, restrictions or not, Lulu must always wear her collar. I don't need any more stress of wondering if she's run away or not. Also, on Sunday, I am going to make Jesse use his handy skills to dog proof any holes in our fencing so this doesn't happen again.

1 comment:

The Joo said...

Oh, scary! Some of the most intense scary moments of my life were when Lucy got under the fence and into the very busy street next to us. Glad she was ok! Definitely have her wear a collar and get her microchipped if you haven't already