Friday, June 19, 2009

Yes, I am in a good mood.

In case you don't remember, a few blogs back, our dryer we bought when we moved died. We got another dryer and had these nice kids deliver it and set it up only to find out what they thought was an electric dryer was actually a gas dryer. Today I went to a used appliance store and bought a new one for $99, well actually, I told the guy to mark it up $1 so I could get a 90 day warranty instead of the 30 that I would have got for a $99 dryer. In the end I paid $137 for the dryer, the extra 60 day warranty for $1, and $30 to deliver. In addition to this, he also set it up for me, properly, with the little vent thing so we can dry with the door shut and not worry about condensation. But wait, there's more! I asked him about oven racks and told him about the situation with ours and he asked if I knew the measurements. 18"x24". He told me he'd look at his selection and see if he had anything I could use and found a 16"x24". I told him I'd try it out and if it works, I'd take it and if not, I'd give it back to him. So I got that for free. Someone came by and bought the old gas dryer and we got a $10 profit. Before he got here, I went on a bike ride with Charlie and he loved it, too. I've been finding myself doing this frequently now that I have his helmet and his seat hooked up. I'll post pictures eventually.

No comments: