Sunday, July 26, 2009

Beef with Blogger

Sometimes I would love to write a private blog that only certain people have access to. Unfortunately, Blogger will let you set your whole blog up that way, but not individual posts. I don't want to block everyone from reading my blogs but at the same time, I don't want the world to know everything. Why is it that sometimes when you think you find something so perfect, like Blogger, it will turn around and disappoint you after a while like everything else in the past? Is it possible to find a perfect program in life that will do everything you want it to do and not have some sort of serious deal breaker type flaw? Why is it all or nothing? Why can't there be a happy middle ground? I loved how Myspace would let you blog with preferences for public, friends only, private group, or diary, but it was a lame platform and you couldn't import/export. Blogger has all these amazing features and I really love Blogger. It does so much for me and my blogging abilities and saves my drafts and so much more, but you can only have private group or public, no other choices. I don't like the idea of not being satisfied with what I have. I want to be happy with it and continue to love it, but when it has these stupid flaws that every other program seems to have and hasn't been able to fix, I just get really upset. I just feel like everything in life is becoming like Blogger for me. Something seems so perfect and then there's flaws and I try to tweak it to fit for me but in the end the same flaw keeps coming back to bite me in the ass. And in all honesty, Blogger is the best thing out there in my opinion. And even that's fucked up in some way. Is nothing in life golden?

No comments: