Friday, July 10, 2009

Soda: The Devil's Blood

One of the easiest things for me to do when I was pregnant was not drink alcohol because let's face it, I don't drink much. On average, I'd say my alcohol consumption is anywhere between 1 - 6 drinks in a 3 month period. And that's on the high side. The hardest thing was not drinking caffeine, particularly soda. I've heard people say that stopping soda is harder than quitting smoking and I'm sure if you look up research on that one, you could probably find scientific data of it being true. Well, I can say I'm glad I'm not a smoker or a drinker or a drug user because I can't even quit drinking soda. I've made several attempts over the past years to quit all together but that never worked. I guess now I'm at one of those middle grounds. I haven't had much soda, yet I haven't not had any. I'd say within this last week, I had 5 cups of soda. Normally I would have drank 3 times that amount, so I'd say I've been pretty good. Jesse and I try to encourage each other with our no-soda-drinking success stories. "I had one soda today." "I didn't have any soda today." I feel like I'm in AA or something. This is pretty sad.

No comments: