Monday, July 13, 2009

A Sunday blog

Today was one of those days you just look back at and wonder where it went. We woke up early enough and went out shooting with someone Jesse met through work, Ryan. I was going to shoot but wound up taking Charlie on a nature walk. We saw all sorts of jack rabbits, lizards, and road kill. It was interesting to say the least. Then, as the guys were wrapping things up, Charlie puttered around picking up various shotgun shells and moving them from one side of the desert to another. It was kind of funny. Lulu watched like she could care less.



We got home and Jesse bbq'd brautwurst for us. After I ate, I went to take a nap. I can't be in the sun for too long or else I just get seriously tired. Anyway, Jesse came in a little while later and told me that we were going to have company so I woke up and took a quick shower because I felt gross and needed to wake up.

Not too soon after, we did get company. Ryan and his wife Julie came over and brought their Boston Terrier, Maximillion (sp?). Lulu and Max and Charlie played and had all sorts of fun whilst us adults hung out. Jesse and Ryan talked guns. Julie and I talked kids, marriage, vaccines, work at home moms, the gov't and things of the sort. Now, as a mild tangent, most of the people I am friends with are liberal, so I always get a little giddy when I meet conservatives, especially when they're in our age range. It's a little hard to find 20- and 30-something conservatives. Anyway, they're totally awesome people to know and are great people to add to our growing circle of Reno friends. I think we're set up to go to the gun show this month. I told Julie about my purse hook up there and can't wait to see what goodies the guy has this month. They wound up staying till 9:30ish, which was later than we realized.



I think tomorrow we're going to Wild Island but I'm not 100% on it. If Charlie is still being a butt with his teething I might call it off. He's no fun when he's cranky and if he's in pain, he becomes miserable and doesn't enjoy even the most fun of things. He has been horrible tonight. He woke up around 10:00 freaking out and didn't go back to sleep till 11:00. Anyway, I think now is a good time for me to go to bed, so the end.

No comments: