As mentioned before, there was no way in hell I was going to sand all the impurities off the Oldsmobile's roof. So I decided to go the route of a chemical stripper. They always make it look so easy on those tv auto revamping shows. Just paint it on and it scrapes clean like magic. WRONG!
The only cool thing is how the chemical stripper bubbles and boils and eats the material.
I did it according to directions and one half dried onto the car, the other half was such a pain in the rump I had to have Jesse help scrape it off. He scraped for a good half hour and the final result: it needs a second stripping. BASTARD!
Anyway, that's all. I feel completely defeated. I was hoping to get that bitch painted and primed today so I could remove the bumpers and do the weird spots tomorrow. Looks like my plans aren't going as I hoped. Grrr. I only have 10 days to finish it before I fly to LA.