Friday, August 7, 2009

Half is better than none.

Well, I believe the world must have thought I gave up on my Oldsmobile paint job, but the truth is, I've been hit with a bout of horrendous July heat to the point of not being able to step foot outside unless it's after 9 pm or before 5 am, because, quite frankly, I just can't stand being outside for more than 5 minutes per hour in that weather. Sadly, my car was not finished in time for Hot August Nights, but there's always next year. Fortunately, there has been some rather out-of-season rain and a brief cooling period, so I am going to take that opportunity to attempt finishing stripping the vinyl/leather/whatever-the-hell-it-is cover off of my roof. I have a super huge surprise with the plans of my car too! That will be unveiled in time. For now, as I told Jesse after I came in, "I would rather was 10 loads of dishes by hand and fold 3 weeks of laundry before I ever decide to peel the top off a car again." Fortunately, I believe this will be the one and only time in my life I will ever have to do that. Whew! So here's some pictures...

Here's a nice shot of my ass. Just kidding. This is actually the awkward positioning I have to take in order to be able to reach the top parts of my car. it's really uncomfortable and it's way too cold to have bare feet. It's a good thing I did my nails the day before too, because at least my feet look cute while they're bare. Har har... If you look carefully in the distance, you can see I'm losing daylight and some storm clouds are coming in...



Jokes aside, here is what Jesse calls my "perpetual scowl". Apparently, I always look this angry, even when I'm not. I don't know why I look like this. Maybe I've just had some hardships or something that have toughened me to the world, I don't know. You know how people in photos during the depression look all pissed, maybe that's me. Whatever.



Anyway, at the end of the day, I lost my daylight and bad weather looked like it was on it's way. I'm hoping it rains, though, even though I have an exposed metal roof. I'll get to sanding so any potential rust won't stand a chance. I just want it to rain because I forgot to water my lawn.

No comments: