Sunday, August 2, 2009

My life in picturesque irony

I seem to be the only person on the block that devotes so much time and efforts to maintaining my lawn and garden. At the same time, I am also the only person who has a dead lawn and garden (with the exception of the home that's been in foreclosure for forever that finally got sold and even then, they have roses that bloom!) I just find that everything in my life that is important to me doesn't just come naturally, I have to work on it, and even then, it's flawed. Look at my lawn. The thing looked better before anyone was even living here and now, well, it looks like it's mad at me or something.



Wouldn't you know it, I seem to sum my life up in an ironic nutshell. I care greatly about something, like, oh, I dunno, my lawn. I try to make it work. I go outside and water it on my designated watering days. I always water in the evening so it can soak down at night. What happens? Just as I water my dead lawn and dirt pile of a yard? I see storm clouds brewing. And 9 times out of 10 when that happens, it rains. If I get smart like "I'm not gonna fall for that one again," it doesn't rain and I have to water the next day. Grumble grumble. Why won't my lawn just cooperate with me. Why does everyone else have gorgeous lawns and they don't do anything for them? I tried the apathetic approach. I tried watering less. I tried watering more. I tried everything yet I still fail. Does my lawn just hate me? What?

1 comment:

MsVennie said...

Honey, I can't grow a frickin' weed, seriously. I kill a plant just by looking at it. I don't have a green thumb. I have the black thumb of Death!

LOL

You are not alone...