Thursday, September 10, 2009

I can smell fishy from miles away...

Even though my ability to smell is defunt, questionable at best, I can smell something fishy from miles away. Jesse and I went out shooting tonight. I was target practicing because I'm finally taking a gun course this weekend with the Women's Shooting Academy . Anyway, when we got home, I was putting up groceries. I thought I was going crazy for a moment and thought I saw a man walking up our drive way on the opposite side of the cars from the house by our neighbor's house. It was some tall skinny guy with a dark sweatshirt and it was weird because he was walking. I thought maybe it was one of the guys behind us or one of the people who buys drugs from them trying to get over there. Then again, if it was one of the guys behind us getting their mail, they do it from their side of the fence and if it were someone getting drugs from them, well they know where our neighbors live. It just didn't seem right. I told Jesse and went to the door and saw him walking down the street perpendicular to us.

Not too long after, I was cleaning my Bersa in the kitchen when our neighbor next door to us came up to our door and asked about the man. Apparently, he was in her back yard! Her husband asked him what he was doing and the guy claimed he was looking at the houses that were for sale. OK, well, why are you doing it at night when it's dark and on foot? Something tells me this guy was trying to scout out places or even rob them. I'm glad I'm taking a course this weekend though. With this economy, there's all sorts of crazies about. I want to make a sign that says "Home Protected By Castle Doctrine: Tresspassers Will Be Shot." or something like that.

I know some people would feel scared or something in a situation like that but personally, I feel more relieved. Relieved that we have the abilities to defend ourselves. Relieved that the gov't out in Nevada believes in protecting it's home owners and people and not criminals. Relieved that our neighbors, while we are not friends or even acquaintences at best, will look out for us. I also feel insulted that someone who sees all of our blatant gun owner bumper stickers on our cars dares step foot on our property unwelcomed. At the same time, I also feel a little silly as I had my gun out on the table and was preparing to clean it and whoever walked down our driveway towards our neighbor's house must have certainly seen that same said gun and was probably scared shitless when they saw me walking to the back end of the house towards them (even though I didn't even notice them and was actually walking to get some cleaning patches). Whoever that was must have though they were not going to make it out alive and got to walking fast. He must have ran off or something because when I noticed him and went to check out front, he was already across the street and going down another block. There's no way he walked from our house to where he was at in the time it took me to walk from the back of the house to the front.

Anyway, to mystery man who was doing stuff he shouldn't be doing and plotting no good, a warning to you: step food on my property again and I'll go Clint Eastwood Gran Torino on your ass. Get off my lawn.

No comments: