Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A place called home

Later in the day, Jesse had to go out and test fire some guns he worked on recently. We took Chrissy out with us and let her try out some guns. She seemed to like my S&W best. Phil also went out with us. We shot a lot of guns and had a nice time. Charlie liked watching and fell asleep on the way home.

It's funny because whenever I go back home to visit my parents, I feel like a stranger. Even though they live in the house I grew up in and it hasn't changed much since I left, I now feel like it's not my home anymore. Sure, I know where everything is and where things go, but I just don't feel like I belong there anymore. I've been in Reno long enough to know this is my new home and I am completely content here. I love it out here. I'm ok with only having a few friends. I'm sure I'll meet more the longer I'm out here. But I genuinely like it out here. I don't mind if we live in an apartment or a home, I just like it out here. That's all.

No comments: