Monday, October 12, 2009

Italian Sunday Random

Today we walked to the Italian Festival, which was a good idea. Lots of awesome sauce taste testing. Good times. Some interesting sights including these weird Italian Elvis looking guys on stilts who, in my mind, looked more like Sleazy P. Martini, the "manager" of Gwar.


Anyway, when we got home, I raked the back yard a bit to clear out some of the fall crap that was uglifying my yard up. Then Jesse came out and we played catch with this flat football for a while talking about girl scouts and boy scouts. Jesse was never a scout of sorts, but I was a girl scout and loved it. I told him I want to put Charlie in boy scouts when he's old enough and be a den mother. Fun. Then we were talking about sports and teams. I said I'd totally encourage Charlie to join a team if he wants. I never did the team thing and feel like I missed out in life. I think Jesse did track but he was telling me about how he really wanted to play football when he was in jr. high and his mom wouldn't let him because she thought he'd get injured. I joked that she coddled him and he still got injured and shot his eye out. Har har har. Maybe if he was allowed to play football he never woulda shot his eye out? Har har har.

No comments: