Friday, October 2, 2009

Politically confused

I've been feeling a little politically confused lately. OK, a long time ago, I registered as a democrat when I first was old enough to vote because I didn't know enough about politics to know where I stand and because my family was middle class working folk, I thought that's where I should be. But then as I got a little older and worked more and was more conscious of where I really fit in despite my economic situation, I switched over to Republican. But then I felt the party started becoming too business-like, less backbone and more you-scratch-my-back-I'll-scratch-yours. So for lack of a better reason, I felt out of touch and switched over to Independent American. Well, I guess lately, I feel like the Republican party seems to be cleaning up their act and maybe they're worth joining again. I mean, with Republicans like Ron Paul, it's definitely worth looking into again. And maybe I did exactly what I accused them of doing and not having a backbone, instead of sticking in and holding out, I just left for something better. So I'm seriously considering re-joining the dark side again. I'm just not 100%. I really hate just because I'm part of something being told that I have to vote for one candidate or another. On the same end, I hated because I was independent last election that I got so many Obama solicitors at my door and calling my house. I really do not like political solicitation. But I feel like (in Reno) there is such an active Republican party that has great standards and maybe it is worth looking into re-joining. I think I need some time to think. If nothing else, I know Katie would be standing by with the election form all filled out for me ready to go and all I have to do is sign it. Hehe.

1 comment:

MsVennie said...

It's never been hard for me to know where I stand politically. Because I care so much about humanity in general, I have always been Democrat. Funny, I just finished writing a blog about the "me" vs "they" mentality (kind of - there's other things on their as well. When I see Republicans using Ann Ryand's characters as ideal mentors, then I know something has gone seriously wrong.

Do what your heart knows is right, that's what I always say. You can never go wrong for yourself if you listen quietly to what your heart knows is the right decision to make.

::hugs::

p.s. I'd love to go shooting sometime if you ever decide to invite a friend.