Sunday, November 15, 2009

Revelations

I baked bread today. I made two loaves of white bread. I used some of the buttermilk from Chrissy and it really did a number on enhancing the flavor. I also started my sourdough starter for my Thanksgiving sourdough I'm going to make. I'm not sure at this point if I'm going to do rolls or a loaf. I'm feeling loafy though.

I'm really getting sick of conspiracy theories. I've decided that it's a lot easier to just assume the world is against you and it's going to come to an end. All this hype of the Mayan calendar and 2012 has had me freaking out over the last year, not to mention this stupid cockahooey theory my friend's dad told us about years ago and all the stuff is happening now. It's basically like this: the "predictions" that were discussed are basically things that have been politically ideas over the last few years but the gov't wasn't liberal enough to pull any of it off. And the Mayan calendar is like any other calendar. When it ends, it'll be like our December 31 ending one year and moving on to another. It's just a cycle coming to an end and a new one will begin. The world isn't going to end. There isn't some group of people plotting to destroy people who aren't a part of their secret elite. No one is going to deny you a job because of your age or ethnicity. When it comes down to it all, it's a matter of only the strong survive. You make an effort to get places and when you get to those places, you'll either have the skill set and charisma or you'll just not cut it. It is so much easier to believe lies than it is to open your eyes to the truth. The truth is life is what you make of it and the only person holding you back is yourself. You give stupid ideas power and let them control you or you step up and do something. There's a reason the 7 deadly sins exist and I can easily say there's a handful of people who fit into those categories.

On that note, I started this blog yesterday but didn't quite finish it because I was tired and ready to call it quits for the day. So today, my sourdough starter is looking pretty good and awesome so I'm excited and anticipate some great sourdough. Keeping my fingers crossed.

It's Jesse's birthday today. He's 29 now. At what point did we get so close to 30 and where did those years go? It's funny because I remember we were practically kids when we met. We were only 22 and 23. It feels like only yesterday.

We're finally going to Tahoe. I don't know if I mentioned this yet. Back in May I won this gift certificate for a one night stay and dinner and show at Harveys or Harrah's Lake Tahoe. We've lived in Reno for almost 3 years now and this is finally our first trip out there. We're pretty excited. To make matters even better, my mom will be up the day before we leave so she's going to watch Charlie for us and Lulu and Jesse and I are going to actually have a grown up dinner and date night. I think I might take my fun purple dress to wear out to our dinner and show. I'm so excited and can't wait. We never really had any fancy pants dates when we were dating. We just kinda hung out, went shooting and then Jesse went to school. We moved in together, got married and well, I haven't really got to enjoy the star treatment Jesse's ex's had. One day...

Other than that, I'm waiting to hear about my tube tying and should know by Tuesday or so. No more babies yay!

On that note, my husband is calling from the shower awaiting a fluffy warm towel from the dryer I promised to get him...

No comments: