Sunday, November 1, 2009

Trick or Treat!!!

I'd like to take a minute or two to mention how much I seriously miss trick or treating. You see, when you get to be a certain age, it suddenly becomes uncool to dress up in a costume and go door to door asking for candy. Instead, it's more cool to pull pranks or go to parties or just sit at home and do nothing at all. Even though deep down, you still want to go door to door and ask for candy. And if you did, a lot of people usually just look at your size and do the, "Aren't you a little old for this?" thing. Fortunately, life redeems itself once you have kids. You can use the excuse you're taking them out. I mean, really, is a one year old really going to eat two buckets of candy? Probably not. You know it's just for the parents. Of course then you get some people who actually will consider the kid's ages and ask what it's ok for them to eat and at that point I say anything. Last night after divvying up the goods, I wound up with 2 buckets full of candy. Seriously it was amazing. We were oh-so-close to running out of candy at our house but we didn't. Someone handed out Halloween Play-Doh. I can't wait to play with that today with Charlie! Other than that, it was fun. I was happy to dress up and go out and get candy. I seriously miss trick or treating. I miss seeing kids running door to door in costume excited about candy. I miss seeing all the decorated houses. I miss people enjoying seeing costumes. I've spent so many of the last few years doing candy duty that I completely miss being on the other side of the door. And after last night, to be back on the streets, it was a good thing. I'm still giddy and on a sugar high. I love it. Up next: Thanksgiving! Woo! Holiday fun, here I come!

No comments: