Sunday, December 13, 2009

Groceries

I tend to over analyze things, but it has come to my attention that the purchasing of butter and margarine is a highly personal task. I've noticed that I tend to like certain types of margarine over others and it's so weird. My friend cleaned out her fridge and gave me some of her foods she wasn't going to need and I wound up with a tub of Country Crock. Whenever Jesse gets margarine, he buys Blue Bonnet. At my parents house, we always used Nucoa. I have found I am a fan of Imperial. It's so weird. What makes people choose the butter or margarine they choose? I understand if you bake it's best use an unsalted butter, but for daily cooking, I really do enjoy Imperial. It seems to have a nice consistency and makes for a good spread. I guess I just had to get that out.

On a totally unrelated note, I am absolutely in love with driving in the snow. I think I no longer fear the unknown as I have driven a few times since it fell, with and without chains, and well, to best sum how I feel, I will quote Ashtray's dad in Don't Be a Menace when he talks to his son about drinking and driving, "Hoooooooo!!! That shit is FUN!!!" I totally feel like I'm driving in a demolition derby or something because I got my Oldsie and I'm sliding around the streets. OK, so I don't slide around but one can dream.

1 comment:

MsVennie said...

I'm a fan of any butter that's 75 cents or less - usually, that's blue bonnet or imperial at grocery outlet. LOL