Saturday, January 23, 2010

Friday Night Random

I hate how facebook limits your status posts to 420 characters. That's just lame. I guess that's what blogs are for, right?

These last few weeks have been pretty hectic. Jesse prepping to go to Shot Show and actually being at Shot Show this week. Me being on my own at work. I'm just happy to say it is Friday and I can rest.

My car needs some serious heat work. Jesse should call and get quotes on that before the winter is over. It's hard to see sometimes with the defroster not working. I can deal with the car having no heater because I am pretty good with the cold weather. Having a baby totally threw off my body's ability to handle hot and cold and I guess I just run hot now.

Really quickly, on that note, I hate when women complain about stretchmarks and how having a child ruined their body in that sense. I have stretch marks and to be honest, I could care less. I hate that I run hot now. I hate that I get heart burn whenever I eat chocolate, Hamburger Helper, anything with tomatoes, and a lot of other foods when I never used to get heartburn. I hate that I can't eat certain things after 6 or I'll get heartburn so bad I wake up at night just to take some Tums. I hate that my bladder went from being made of latex to made of steel. Once it's full, it's full and if I don't empty it, it will over flow. I feel like so much of my time is devoted to bathroom breaks. It sucks. I hate that my boobs sag, even though there isn't really anything there to sag (and apparently lactation consultants say that this has nothing to do with breastfeeding but just pregnancy in general as boob changes are part of natural pregnancy growth/development on the mom's behalf, so to anyone who has never had kids or is planning, invest in a VERY good support bra now!) I hate how my periods are all crazy. They always were but are just weirder now. Like I'll get it every 20-something days and only spot or have a light flow for a few hours, go a day or two with nothing and spot or light flow. This will happen for 3 months, and then 3 months will pass with no periods at all. Maybe it's the Mirena IUD, I dunno. I'm just gonna blame it on child birth. As much as I'm not a fan of the hair loss, I think I can tolerate it. But yeah, stretch marks, last thing on my mind I worry about. OH, and I still have occasional pain in my back and pelvis, and sometimes I need to sleep with a pillow between my legs or under them because my child destroyed my bone structure thanks to lounging in a breach position for 9 f'ing months.

End tangent. So Jesse was gone this week and I really missed him a lot. But at the same time it was really nice to have the house quiet. There's just so much hustle and bustle when he's home. The TV is on. He's playing a game online or he's watching stuff on youtube and on the phone or has the internet radio on or something. It's like there's always a million things going at once. This week, the TV was on occasionally, and that was when Charlie and I would sit down and watch a show together and he would fall asleep. We had dinner at the table every night as usual. Some nights it was just fast food because I had to work late and wasn't up to cooking a huge meal or anything. Every morning, I got up and left the house with Charlie dressed, the beds fixed, and I would come home to a clean house. It was nice. I ate a bowl of cereal every morning and leftover dinner or sandwiches for lunch and somehow I managed to lose 5 lbs. I don't know what that's all about, but possibly due to the fact I haven't had much soda this week. I'm convinced I drink way more soda when Jesse is home. But as nice as it was to have peace and quiet, I miss my husband a lot. I will sleep a lot better with him by my side tonight. I'm glad he had a wonderful time at Shot Show and I think I'm just as excited to see all the goodies he got as he was to get them.

In the end, I am truly lucky to have Jesse as a husband. He is the most wonderful man alive. Not a day goes by that I don't think of him or get all giddy and happy when he calls or when he comes home from work. Life can become routine and mundane, but my love for my husband hasn't grown dull. It still sparkles like it's brand new. Yeah, we're technically still newlyweds, but look how many people date for a year or two and break up or get divorced because a person they married who they thought would be one way just totally changes. I'm glad Jesse is who he is and has been as supportive and steady and not some jerk. I occasionally watched Teen Mom and saw this guy and girl and the girl wasn't working and her Baby Daddy said she had to get a job and she's like, "What? You want me to raise our baby AND work?" like it was some sort of shock to her. Seriously, there's so many families that depend on dual incomes in order to make ends meet. As nice as it would be to be a full time stay at home mom, if you can't afford to do so, don't expect your Baby Daddy to pick up the slack for you in addition to their child. As a Baby Daddy, his sole responsibility is to take care of his child, not his Baby Mama. She was just some lazy obese teen sloth. I can't understand how a girl that young gets to be obese, but whatever.

Oh, I'm a huge fan of my vitamins! I love them! I will say that in the almost month I've been taking them, I have not got sick even though Jesse went through one flu and one head cold, and Charlie went through two head colds. I bypassed it all. Hooray! I'm curious to see how the probiotics will work out. It's a women's formula designed with live cultures specifically for women who get yeast infections a lot. I'm excited about that. I just hope it also has the same effect other probiotics had for me in the sense it helped my metabolism and kept me regular too! Har har.

Anyway, Jesse's flight should be coming in soon. I can't wait! I miss my husband!

4 comments:

annette said...

Hi,I just thought I would let you know that hair loss is one of the many side effects caused by mirena,there are a lot more,feel free to have a look at my mirena side effects site,there is a lot of imformation about mirena ,side effects,and other womens side effects stories also,all the best,Annette

annette said...

ps, the site is at

www.mirena-side-effects.com

DasBoogs said...

That's interesting to know about the Mirena, although it was happening long before I had my Mirena installed. But that's interesting and probably why it continued.

marion said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Lucy

http://dataentryjob-s.com