Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I suppose things could always be worse.

This week has been a bit of a nightmare at our house. For starters, Charlie had a cold that lasted about two weeks. It didn't get better and his eyes started to pus. I took him to the doctors about ten days ago and they said it was one of the millions of viruses going around. I took him back today because it wasn't getting better and now I find he has a double ear infection, sinus infection, and bronchial infection. He almost had to be hospitalized, but fortunately he got better with the treatments, so now we're going to have to do that at home. He needs amoxicillin twice a day and breathing treatments three times a day. Fortunately the insurance company will pay for the pump but trying to give Charlie treatments is close to impossible.

Monday was my birthday and it sucked. I, too, am sick. Nothing near Charlie's cold, but my body aches. I spent Valentine's Day hauling 700 lbs. of books upstairs to the new apartment and hurt my back and I'm not sure my body aches because of that or because of the cold. Moving has been horrible. I feel like nothing has been accomplished. Jesse is finally taking stuff over but it's so much work and so little time.

Anyway, it's really hard right now trying to juggle a sick child, a sick adult, and trying to move into a new place and clean up the old one. If anyone knows of a big rock I can crawl under, let me know where it's located and I'll be there. Thanks.

No comments: