Saturday, March 6, 2010

How did I live before?

You know, it never ceases to amaze me whenever I get a new amazing piece of technology in my paws and sit and fall in love with it wondering how I ever managed to live before said device? My mama bear gal pal, Vicki, owner of Women's Shooting Academy, has been raving about her recent iPhone purchase. Then when I was at my pistol instructor course last weekend, everyone was fidgeting with their iPhones and similar devices. I was due for a phone upgrade and was originally going to do an LG envy so I could have a QWERTY keyboard for texting but figure if I'm going to pay extra for a phone, why not pay another $30 and get something similar to an iPhone. Hence, I now have in my paws a Samsung Rogue and I love it to pieces and wonder how I ever managed to live without one.

Today I spent a good part of my day filling out forms to join various gun clubs in the area. I'd really like to take some of this year and get into more involvement with competitive shooting. I've been itching to do one of Stillwater Firearm Association's bowling pin shoots and the Palomino Valley Gun Club's military silhouettes look like a hoot. I see it as a good investment to join a few of these groups so I can use the platforms to eventually set up a NRA Women On Target event of some sort. Plus, to my knowledge, I believe I can have my scores submitted to the NRA for their competitions via mail and get an NRA shooting ranking level. I'm all about that. I'd really like my large bore rifle and center-fire rankings.

There was one more point I wanted to bring up today that slipped my mind by now. Maybe it involved Girl Scouts and the fact I thank God for placing them in front of Walmart for me today so I could by 4 boxes of cookies that I have been wanting all year.

That's what I was going to say! My asthma came back when I got sick. I never had a chance to write about it, but I've had this nasty cough for 3 weeks now and it's making my asthma act up. I'm back on an inhaler and now I even have to take preventative steriods. Fortunately, my insurance covers a good portion of the steriods. Currently it's Advair and it's helping a bit. But I'm pretty sure I also have seasonal allergies, too. I've spent over $100 on my cold for medications, another $100 to go to doctors and I'll say I'm happy as heck to have health insurance and I'm even happier that the gov't isn't taking care of it. Otherwise, I'd have to fill out 20 thousand forms and wait for a few years to get on a waiting list to see if I qualify for seeing a doctor hahaha.

OK, that's all I got for today.

No comments: