Monday, July 12, 2010

Apples & Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies

I wanted some cookies tonight and was going to do a peanut butter cookie but then thought an oatmeal could be healthier. I didn't have anything to mix in with it in terms of raisins or craisins. Then, I saw apples on my counter and the little light bulb above my head started flashing and there was a DING! DING! DING! sound going off. It was a total success and I thought I'd share this healthy alternative to a classic treat.


2 cups oats
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) of butter melted
2 eggs
1 cup diced apples (I used golden delicious because they're super soft and sweet and go well with this)

Preheat oven to 375ยบ
Mix everything together. Drop dough onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8 - 10 minutes or until corners are golden brown.

No comments: