Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I Do My Own Thing...

I haven't blogged in a while about life. So here it goes: life is good. Actually, in a nut shell, I was, for the longest time, one of those people that was feeling the pains of a bad economy and unemployed for what seemed like forever and a day. I had several interviews with several companies but none of them were in my designated job field so when the going got tough, I decided why settle? I gave up on trying to "do whatever" to make ends meet and did what I do best: I do my own thing. I am not one who deals with compromise well. I don't believe in having to change who I am or what I do for others. So when the going got tough, I became an independent contractor. Right now, it's working out very well. Financially, I make less than if I were working out of an office, but the fact that I do not need to pay for daycare and can set my own hours makes up for it all. My range of duties as an independent contractor span from marketing coordinator, graphic designer, copy writer, and shooting instructor. The first 3 kind of tie in, the last is just an oddball, but my point is this: people who want to make money will find a way. I'm by no means wealthy. But I refuse to be one of those people who sits around waiting for the gov't to "make jobs" so I can have one. No one is going to make anything for you. No one is going to owe you anything. If you want something in life, you gotta work for it. Some people don't get it. It sickens me whenever I hear these people speak with this sense of entitlement like because they made so much at one job that they are expected to make the same amount or more in a new job, or worse, people who have good jobs but quit them and then complain about the fact they can't find work. If something isn't broken, why try to fix it? And especially during the bad economy we're in right now. It's just ridiculous. Anyway, that's just my little blurb about life right now. It's going well and I'm happy.

No comments: