Saturday, August 21, 2010

Happy Wife Moments

1. Jesse and I were driving home from Carson a few weeks back and we were listening to the radio. The Eagle's Already Gone came on and Jesse says, "Hey, this song was playing in the car the first time we went shooting together!" Aww. He remembers a detail from so long ago. Long before we dated things were important because he cared.

2. A few mornings ago I was going in the safe to get out the Glock 36. I chambered a round and put it into my belly band to go jogging. I turn around and see Jesse zonked out asleep in bed smiling. I asked him what was so funny and he says he's smiling "just because". I guess the thought of your wife carrying on of your favorite guns to go jogging at 7am is a pleasant thought.

3. I call Jesse at work today to tell him not to tank up at lunch because I'm making beef bourguignon for dinner. I can hear the excitement in his voice as he says, "YOU READ MY MIND! I was going to call you and ask if you could make that!" Today totally felt like a beef bourguignon day and the fact Jesse got so excited about something as simple as dinner made me happy.

No comments: