Thursday, August 12, 2010

Measurements

I've kinda been tracking my weight loss for the past 2 years since Charlie was born as a way to keep myself in check with my health and to track the progression of where I've come with things. I always say so long as I'm under 200 lbs I'll be happy. That was the biggest I ever was when I gave birth and I don't want to be that big ever again. Of course I've gained a lot of weight over the years and I'm trying my hardest to get rid of it and tone up. Since Charlie was born I've been trying harder to watch what I eat and exercise. I believe that it takes months to put on pregnancy weight and it can take months to lose it all (unless you breastfeed and then you're burning 500 calories a day!) But I also believe the same applies to general weight gain and weight loss. I gained a lot of weight over the course of some 5 years and granted it could take just as long to go away. I don't believe in fad diets. I have spent the past 2 years changing my lifestyle from cutting back on fast food and soda to just eating healthier and exercising. It's nothing rapid but it works. I still go get fast food about once a week and I still will have ice cream. But I also run 3 miles 3 or 4 times a week and do sit ups and push ups afterward, not to mention I chase a 2 yr old around all day. I'm relaxed and enjoy my life and my food and I'm doing it one day at a time with a long term goal of a healthier life instead of a short term goal of losing a few pounds. The weight loss will come with the lifestyle. The lifestyle takes time. Good things take time, which is why patience is a virtue. :)


First prenatal appointment
November 2, 2007
Weight: 167 lbs.

Last day of pregnancy
May 8, 2008
Weight: 200 lbs.

6 Weeks Postpartum
June 23, 2008
Weight: 165 lbs.
Triceps: 11.5"
Bust: 39"
Waist: 34"
Tummy: 38"
Hips: 42.5"
Thighs: 24"


The very last time I measured myself
March 25, 2009:
Weight= 150 lbs.
Triceps= 11.25"
Bust= 36"
Waist=31.5"
Tummy=34"
Hips=36"
Thighs=22.25"

Where I'm at today       (difference from last measurements)   (difference from 6 weeks postpartum)
August 12, 2010                               appx. 1yr 5 months                       appx. 2 yrs 3months
Weight = 147 lbs                                   - 3 lbs                                       - 18 lbs
Triceps=11"                                          - 0.25" muscle                           -0.5"
Bust=35.5"                                            - 0.5"                                        - 4"
Waist=30"                                             - 1.5"                                        - 4"
Tummy=33.5"                                       - 0.5"                                         - 4.5"
Hips=35"                                               - 1"                                           - 7.5"
Thighs=22"                                            - 0.25"                                      - 2"

My haven't we come a long way... I'm proud of me and my accomplishments not to mention I'm 20 lbs less than I was the day of my first prenatal appointment. Go me! Woo!

No comments: