Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Overstimulated!!!

Tonight I really debated going running. It was hot and gross all day and even more unpleasant after spending an evening dying a dress that didn't take to the color in a hot and muggy bathroom and then followed up by folding two weeks worth of laundry (which I never really got around to folding last week's clothes, my bad.) Of course, my pre-weight before run inspired me that if I go out and run tonight, it will motivate me to run again more this week and I may be in the desired shape I want to be in for the mud run and Halloween (no worries about fitting my dress for my sister's 30th birthday, though, that's custom tailored! OH SNAP!)

Anyway, I managed to drag myself down to the river. Mr. iPod was put on shuffle and started out with some Ladytron followed by some Lilly Allen and Michael Jackson and Electric Six and then the Dwarves came on. At that point, something about being out at night in dim lights, running around listening to loud punk in the muggy heat gave me flash backs to 1998 when I was 16 and there were a million great bands in town that summer and well into the fall and so I just put it on the Dwarves from there out and ran.

Long before I got to the pleasant memories, I knew tonight was going to be odd. It started out with an over-abundance of potential white supremists out and about. After watching enough episodes of gangland you can kind of start to pick out the tale-tell signs of them. Plus every time some idiots go tagging up the neighborhood, they have a tendency to paint swastikas over any new taggings and well, we recently got some new taggings down along Brinkby. Anyway, they weren't really doing anything other than walking around the lake, maybe going somewhere or whatever. But it was one of those things where you gotta be aware of things.

So they disappear by round two and my theories of them just passing are correct. I do see one of the regular night time runners. On round two he gives me a thumbs up and that was pretty encouraging. Sometimes on crappy nights like tonight, you want to throw in the towel after round 1 but I managed to go all 3 as planned. Toyed with going 5 but realistically, it's just not the right weather for 5 miles for me since I haven't been running regularly in a few weeks.

Well, lap 1 is the white power guys. Lap 2 is the thumbs up of encouragement. Lap 3 has to be epic.

Nothing.

Not until I'm about 3/4 the way through and then it happens.

Young lover Latino boy gets up in a defensive manner. I turn the music off to eavesdrop on the gossip.

"WHAT THE FUCK!? I LOVE YOU? I GIVE IT MY ALL? AND FOR YOU TO TELL ME YOU WANT TO BE FRIENDS?!?!?!?!?"  


BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!! OH, what a way to end the night!!!! With a break up!!! Every night I see the same douchey youngster types at the lake connected at the hips and lips, grabby with the fingers completely uninterrupted by the people around them simply because they are in the park in the dark and it's "romantic". To see this break up made my day. Young love. So fragile. So disposable. So amusing. On that, I say tonight was probably one of the most amusing runs I've had in a while.

No comments: