Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Plumes Make Awesome

Today this horrible thing happened where I felt like if I didn't eat I'd pass out. Fabulous. Never felt that way before, but it was mostly due to the need (or at least my body thought it needed) of salt. Fortunately I was able to get something to snack on and it was a choice between goldfish or trail mix. I went with goldfish because, while trail mix did have nuts AND chocolate, goldfish are happy and a fun color and cheesy and salty. Anyway, somewhere along the lines of snacking I was looking for inspirational patterns and things to download and I kept noticing birds in a lot of the patterns. You know, birds for the sake of birds? Like that Portlandia skit Put A Bird On It! We have birds with cupcakes. OK, cupcakes! That's over kill! Some of the birds looked like quail, or at least I thought they were of the quail family because they had plumes. It made me think how much cooler things would be if they had plumes. You know? Like zombie quail or goldfish crackers or bacon? Naturally I got to doodling...

Anyway, I think I want to be a quail for Halloween. I don't know how I'll do it, but I'll have a plume and maybe be a ravenous zombie quail. Yeaaaaahhh... awesome...

No comments: