Monday, June 27, 2011

The Pug Dog And The Frog

Last night was raining. We had a storm watch that was supposed to end at 9:00 pm, instead, it kept raining. I took Lulu out to go potty and as we got downstairs in the hall, Lulu started to jet at something I thought was a mouse. When we got down, I realized it wasn't a mouse, but a frog that had got lost inside our hallway. Lulu was chasing it and managed to get it cornered. In an effort to help the lost little amphibian and keep up with my "catch a frog or critter a day" tradition, I scooped him up and took him outside. He was quite a pretty frog. A vibrant sage green with forest green and black stripes and splotchy spots. When we got out, he hopped out of my hands into the grass. Lulu went potty and went back to her frog. The two stared at each other for a while. The frog was either in shock or knew we helped it, because it sat there while Lulu sniffed him. The best part was when the two were nose to nose with each other trying to figure out just what the heck the other one was. What I'd do for a picture of that! Oh well. Anyway, Lulu loved this frog and hopefully she'll see many more like it in the future.

No comments: