Saturday, July 2, 2011

Saturday Random

I went out fishing today as usual and tried to get a bass. All I got were the babies following my lure in and nibbling on the rubber tail. Hopefully one day they'll tell their bigger siblings and I'll finally get me a bass. I wound up realizing that it was too hot of a day and the water I did have wasn't enough, and it was hot. I felt completely lame in calling Jesse to pick me up, but I did so anyway because I figured I'd rather be lame and lay out on the grass waiting for him to get me with some water and Brawndo than to try to make my way back and pass out or something along the way. Still trying to adjust to the weather...

When we got home, I took a shower and then we fared off to the mall because Jesse wanted some Chick-fil-a. I'm not sure how many times he can eat that in one week, I know for a fact he's up to 3 times so far. It's good, but nothing I'd write home over. When we left to go to the mall, there was some thunder and lightning and when we were inside, the sirens went off. I was pretty jazzed this morning to hear the tester siren, but I was kinda bummed to be in the mall in the food court at the time they were going off for real. Nerdy li'l ol' me actually went online to see what the different sound patterns mean and it was on the thunder/lightning storm warning. The all clear siren went off after a while, too. I've kinda learned to love those things and not get so weirded out by them so whenever they go off for real, I'm always interested in why.

Oh, apparently, the power went out at some point today while I was out fishing. Doesn't surprise me. Probably weather related. It did rain today, too. I also have a pretty reliable rain predictor and maybe it's just a coincidence, or maybe there's more to it, I dunno. I've noticed whenever the water level looks low at the lake, it rains that day. My theory: it gets evaporated and becomes low, then it all dumps back in place. Makes sense. Anyway, whenever it rains, our house frog comes out and either hangs out outside or comes into the hallway. We get lots of odd critters in our hall because people leave the door open and I'm ok with finding frogs and our lizard friends. Anyway, I'll end it on the house frog. He fits right in the palm of your hand. This time, I caught him and brought him upstairs and put him in Charlie's bucket so he could see him.

No comments: